Valentine’s Day is 1 week away! It is time to start your planning NOW – yes Today! It is a great opportunity to make contact with your top customers and to have fun. It has been proven over and over that customers want to do business with people that are passionate, love what they do and have fun at the same time.
I would suggest a team brainstorm of about 20 to 30 minutes at the most. Break your team up into groups of 3 people and each team has to come up with 5 creative, “never been done before” ideas. Put yourself in the shoes of the customer – what is his/her circumstances, what would I, the customer, like a sales consultant to do for me on Valentine’s Day? Remember – keep it professional!
Here are some ideas to start your creative thinking:
Let the customer write a card to his/her partner and you use the flower shop to deliver the card with some flowers to the customer’ partner.
- Create a Valentine’s card with the words – will you be (Your company name) Valentine?
- Send them a poem that they can send to their loved one….. get it from quotegarden.com/valentine. E.g. Loving is not just looking at each other; it’s looking in the same direction……
- Tie a Valentine’s balloon to a bag of hard candies or heart-shaped chocolates, and attach a card with this wording: “Our customers are the heart and soul of our business”. Deliver it to the decision-maker. (Idea from Adriana Copaceanu)
- Send a bag of nuts with a note saying: “(Your company) is nuts about our customers.” (Idea from Adriana Copaceanu)
- Here is a website with hundreds of ideas … (www.theromantic.com/stories/valentines/main.htm;
Have fun and add your ideas on our website – we will also add it to our facebook page.